- Bridging the gap between image acquisition and image analysis.
- Interdisciplinary research in life sciences (full range from biology, adaptive optics and microscopy to bio-image analysis, software engineering and high performance computing).
- Microscope control software development
- Adaptive microscopy / adaptive optics
- Long-term SPIM imaging of developing Drosophila, Tribolium, Zebrafish etc.
- Post-doctoral researcher in Computational Microscopy at Myers Lab, Max Planck Institute for Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics Dresden, working on adaptive microscopy and adaptive optics (since 2017)
- Scientific Software engineer (BioImage Informatics) at Scionics GmbH, position based at Scientific Computing Facility, Max Planck Institute for Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, Dresden (2015-2017).
- Research assistant in the High Precision Radiotherapy group at OncoRay / Medical Faculty, TU Dresden, working on image analysis, deformable image registration and radiomics (2013-2015).
- PhD Student in the Biological and Molecular Imaging group at OncoRay / Medical Faculty, TU Dresden, Topic of thesis: Optimisation and Validation of a Swarm Intelligence based Segmentation Algorithm for low Contrast Positron Emission Tomography (Supervisors: Prof. Dr. Dr. med. Nasreddin Abolmaali and Prof. Dr-Ing. Hans-Joachim Böhme, 2010-2013).
- Student of Computer Science at University of Applied Sciences HTW Dresden, Topic of thesis: Development of a segmentation algorithm for low-contrast Positron Emission Tomography (Supervisor Prof. Dr-Ing. Hans-Joachim Böhme, 2006-2010).
- Technical project leader at Spiritlink GmbH, Erlangen (2004-2005).
- Apprenticeship as IT Specialist for software application development at Spiritlink GmbH in Erlangen (2001-2004).
- Born in Karl-Marx- Stadt/Chemnitz, Germany.
Recent publications / software